6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sister_habibah_*

Guest_sister_habibah_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:20 PM

Asalamu Alaikum

:cry: I need Help. I am 17 years old and I still go to college. I just became a muslim on the 21st Feb. My boyfriend who wasnt suppose to be seeing me introduced me to the faith and I realized I had been praying for this type of guidance. Allaha had guided me. My parents do not know I am a muslim and I am afraid to tell them. I am actually depressed because I cannot do certain things other muslim women can do. Everyone in our muslim community including a buisness man who works with my dad knows I am a muslim. Its hard and I have to pray in secret and read the koran in secret and I do not know if I can continue to do that. I am afraid of what they will say. What should I do? :oops:

#2 nadia678

nadia678

Our Sister

• Members
  • 334 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:08 PM

As salam ou lakoum sister

Congtarulation on your coversion

Sister you must remain steedfast and remeber you are lucky that you hae been guided alhamdulilah lik we have alhamdulilah.
Reamain pious and continious in prayer fast Dikhr ( Supplication) and larning of Koran

Many people remain hidden from parents but, it just makes them angrier when they find out how long you have kept it from them.
Allah loves those who he tests so inshallah this will be a test to you to tell your parents.
It will make it easier for you to practice your religon more openly.

Im sure they wont take it bad and if they do and you do encounter a  struggle Allah the Great WILL reward you and it WILL be worth it Inshallah

Try to remember our brothers and sister in Iraq and Palestine suffer EVERYDAY just because they belive LA I LAHA ILL ALLAH ( There sis NO lord but Allah and the Prophet Muhammed sullah ou alhee wa salam was his LAST and FINAL messenger )

Pray and ask Allah for strengtha nd power to tell your parents.
And ask him to make it easy for you to tell them becasue remember sister Allah is the ONLY one that can help us for anything and EVERYTHING NOTHING is beyound him

Allah loves those who put their faith in him so, do so and not only will you recieve your request satisfaction but reward also inshallah SUBHANALLAH how merciful our lord is.

So sister dont give up and dont imagine the worst scenarios in your head just imagine you and and your creator standing by your side helping you as you tell your parents of you Beautiful religon and you content with it.

And that you dont wnat to upset them and you are still their child and love them the same you have choosen a differnt path to them. Expalin to them about islam do NOT let their misconceptions and sterotypes they think about Islam cloud their judgement so, teach them as well as informing them of your conversion

Allah will there every step of the way and he will be there holding your hand and what ever the out come he will be there for ya and be VV proud of ya.
So sister dont hesitate atleast if you tell them not only can you practice islam more freely but Allah our creator the most Magnificent will acknowledge your pain and struggle and will reward you so.

Your sis Nadia

P.S he WONT let you down

#3 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 February 2005 - 10:45 PM

Assalamu alikum,

congratulations sister on becoming muslim. May Allah (swt) keep you and all of us on His straight path.

Maybe another sister who has been in a simliar situation can help u.

but, make lots of dua and continue praying and reading quran.

The most important thing is to continue seeking knowledge about islam.

Don't be sad and always ask Allah for guidance.

ola biggrin.gif

#4 April

April

Our Sister

• Members
  • 816 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 27 February 2005 - 03:44 AM

as salam alaikum dear sisters

Sis Habibah subhan'ALLAH, alhumdolillah, Wa Allah Hu Akbar!!  ALLAH has guided you alhumdolillah.....such a blessing sister such a blessing....subhan'ALLAH>

Sure for us reverts the issue with our parents is test for most subhanAllah, but Khair sister, pray ALLAH for the strength and continued guideance, insha'ALLAH.

You know your situation best sister, it is hard for me to advise you one way or the other, I can only offer you support and talk from me own experience after reverting what happened with my parents.  I also kept it secret from them, I was however living in Europe at that time and I was planning to fly home a couple of months after reverting, but subhan'Allah, they were told by someone who knew me and thought I had lost the plot....they were told loads of untruths that lead them to believe I had been captured by a radical islamic sect and was being held against my will... :? ......subhan'Allah.  They were so worried that they didn't even try calling me in case the sect stopped all calls to me...Anyways to cut a very long story short two of my bros and my parents actually flew out to where I was in Europe (from Australia) to see for themselves.

It was very hard to undo the wrong that they had been told but with the help of ALLAH subhanhuwata'ala I told them everything that had happened reverting etc....of course they freaked but it was nothing compared to the untruths they had heard......so alhumdolillah.  I felt much better after they knew everything, subhan'Allah alhumdolillah.  Of course it is always an issue but subhan'Allah I just let them know about everything why this why taht.....they know exactly where I am at and they live with it.  Alhumdolillah.

BUT like I said you will best know your situation.....if you are living at home it can be harder, subhan'Allah.  Also your parents how are they?  easy going or strict...?  it really depends sis.  some sisters live at home and told their parents about their islam and don't have any major problems....others know they will be given an ultimatum.....us or ISLAM...so you sis have to turn to ALLAH make salat ul istikhara and ask ALLAH for guideance insha'ALLAH.

We are here for you insha'ALLAH>

Love and salam

Umbilal
smile.gif

#5 Umm Amina

Umm Amina

Our Sister

• Members
  • 90 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:57 AM

Assaalamu Alaikum,

I am happy that you have said your shahada, this is good news.

You know your parents better than we can know them, but even with this sometimes parents can surprize there children by being more understand than what we think they will be.

You will know when the time is right to tell them and this may be now or it may be after you move out and are on your own. Do whatever you feel is the safest for yourself in regards to telling them or not. Do whatever is best in your situation. Sometimes patience is the best and sometimes to wait until you are more self sufficient so that you can make choices without being told that you cannot make choices.Sometimes parents do not understand choices there children make especially if they are changing there religion from what they have grown up with. So also have patience with your parents.

#6 dahab

dahab

Our Sister

• Members
  • 6 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:46 PM

Dear sister Habibah,

Asalamu alaikum,

alhamdulilah that Allah has guided you
Allah Hu Akbar - (Allah is the Greatest)
SubhaanAllah - (Glory be to Allah)

Please remember always stay polite and respect your parents, Allah tells us that we should always listen to our parents and show them the greatest respect in everything they tell us to do, except to change religion.

I am in the same poistion as you. Up till I was eighteen I had to be a JW because my mother was and still is, so I used to go to their meetings and act the part while all the time I thought I was a just pleasing my mother and for the rest nothing. My Dad became a JW later when he was about 49 years old and then he was very strict (seemed like he was brain washed) anyway when I turned 18 I told my parents that I didn't want to be a JW anymore and this obviously hurt them very much but after a while they were alright about it. You see I wasn't actually, as they call it baptised, so really until you have been baptised you weren't a real JW. It took me many years and then when I was around 30 years of age I became a muslim alhamdulilah and when I told my parents they didn't agree of course but said that I was old enough to know what I wanted. Stilll till today my mother tries to change my mind. Sadly my Dad died in March 2000.

Dear sister please pray to Allah for guidance and ask Allah to help you find a way of telling your parents  and put all your trust in Allah, He has guided you to the Islam, so therefore he will help you to confront your parents, I have prayed to Allah to help you and I am sure all the other sisters on this site will do the same for you.

Always stay polite and respectful even if you get upset inside yourself don't let your parents notice and remember Allah, this will show them what
a kind belief you have choosen. I'm sure that when you do tell your parents they won't be too hard on you, especially if you tell them before anyone else gets the chance to. Put all your faith in Allah and insha Allah he will guide you. Remember we shouldn't be afraid of anything or anyone except for Allah who is able to do all things.

Subhaan Allah, I am so proud of you at such a young age to become a muslima.

Take care sister Habiba and please let us know how you get on.

Remember "La hawla wala quwata illah billah" translation = There is no strength nor power except Allah.

Try saying this inside yourself as often as you can remeber and it will most certainly help you.

As salamu alaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
(Peace and mercy and blessing of Allah be upon you)

#7 nayima

nayima

Our Sister

• Members
  • 44 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:27 AM

[b][font=Comic Sans MS:e986fbac65]dear sister sister_habibah
alhumdulillah for becoming a muslim, well done.
i too am 17 and my parents are also non muslim, and i also have to do things secretly and i alsogo college, get depressed etc etc lol we have a lot in common. do u have msn? so we can talk one-to-one.

asalamualaikum,
Nayima

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users